JP CORRY ANNOUNCE ACQUISITION OF BUSINESS AND ASSETS OF H. & T. BELLAS LTD
On 22nd May 2017 Saint-Gobain Building Distribution Limited T/A JP Corry completed the acquisition of the business and assets of Coleraine based timber and builders merchants, H. & T. Bellas Ltd.
The acquisition strengthens JP Corry’s presence in the North West of Ireland, bringing the total number of branches to 17 - demonstrating JP Corry’s commitment to investing in the local area.
Ciaran Mc Connell, JP Corry Managing Director, said the transition will strengthen JP Corry’s offering in the local marketplace:
“H. & T. Bellas is a highly respected and successful business with a rich history dating back to 1825, which fits perfectly with JP Corry’s heritage and culture, and like JP Corry, H. & T. Bellas is very much embedded within the local community.
The acquisition has ran smoothly and we’re delighted to have such a high quality business join our group. I’d like to extend my thanks to Michael Henry for the company’s successful track record and I look forward to welcoming our new colleagues to JP Corry.
This now brings JP Corry’s branch network to 17 across Northern Ireland, and strengthens our presence in the North West, in line with our growth strategy. It’s an exciting time for the business and we hope to continue to grow the business in the local community.”
Michael Henry, H. & T. Bellas Managing Director, paid tribute to staff, both past and present, many with over 40 years’ service and thanked them for their loyalty and hard work in his statement.
He added “H. & T. Bellas has had a long association with JP Corry who bring the advantages of group purchasing power and access to a competitive and diverse range of products and services”
The change in ownership ends the Henry family association with H. & T. Bellas, spanning 3 generations and almost 100 years. Mr Henry retains ownership of the land and property. H. & T. Bellas is now part of Saint-Gobain Building Distribution Limited and is part of the JP Corry business.
The addition of H. & T. Bellas marks yet another significant investment by JP Corry. Renowned as one of Northern Ireland’s leading building suppliers, JP Corry has experienced continuous growth over the last 12 months. The company made a £500,000 investment to its Derry premises in April 2016 and opened a brand new store in West Belfast in July 2016.
Notes to Editor
- JP Corry has been supplying quality building materials for over 200 years and currently has a strong network of 17 branches across Northern Ireland.
- Today JP Corry operates as a generalist builders’ merchant supplying everything the customer needs for their building, renovation or DIY project, from the foundations to the finishing products. For more information please visit www.jpcorry.com.
- Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
- Saint-Gobain is present in 68 countries and employs over 170,000 people worldwide, including over 17,000 in the UK & Ireland. In 2016, Saint-Gobain achieved €39.1 billion in sales.
- Saint-Gobain in the UK and Ireland includes some of the best-known and respected companies in the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Graham, Weber, Isover, Celotex, Glassolutions, Saint-Gobain PAM, and Ecophon. Together they offer a range of high performance energy-saving products and solutions to help create great living places and improve daily life. For more information on Saint-Gobain, visit www.saint-gobain.co.uk
For more information please contact:
JP Corry Marketing
648 Springfield Road
Tel: 028 9024 3661